Sunday, October 18, 2009

Diabetes Is A Blessing? Testimony #2

Sooo, are you convinced that diabetes is a blessing? Did you read testimony #1? What do you think? I am a diabetic individual because I was selected as very exceptional out of ten other brothers and sisters. I say this because out of the ten without diabetes, six of them are alcoholics.



What I will be describing to you is some of the temptations that I had growing up in my teens and earlier twenties. I will remind you of who knows you best and last of all who is really in control.


When I was around sixteen years of age I was still taking four shots a day to control this disease. I was into dating and drinking with my friends. By the way, I love the taste of Scotch Whiskey and if not for my sub consciousness reminding me about my sugar diabetes, I would have continued to drink more than I did. I did end up in the emergency room with a blood sugar of 900 after I went out dancing and drinking. I remember the emergency room doctor looking at me and saying he could not believe that I was still awake and conscious. He told me I should have gone into a diabetic comma. Again, diabetes is a blessing in disguise in my case. When I was in my twenties I started college and obtained my Associates, then my Bachelors, then my Master, then my doctorate, then another Master and another Bachelor degree Am I crazy? You ask. I love to learn, especially about myself. What makes me tick? What is my purpose? Do you know the answers to these same questions or are you too busy with life?


I love to learn and who knows you best but you. When you go to your doctor and he/she suggests you do something different with your diabetes always question what they suggests. I remember seeing one doctor for better control of my sugar diabetes. He told me to give myself six shots a day. I did that for one week but I was having too many low blood sugars. I went in to see him for my appointment and told him I could not do want he suggested because I was having too many low blood sugars. He said if you do not want to follow my directions then find someone else to help you. Guess what? I did. After all, it is your body and your life and you are in control.


I use to be a very quiet and insecure person but my diabetes changed all that. Stay tuned for the next version of living with diabetes.


By Cazadora a very blessed sweet person of fifty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment